Being the only winery of Six-Fours-Les-Plages, the domain of Les Embiez is composed of about 29 parcels spread across 10 hectares.
The first grape vines were planted between 1580 and 1600 by the LOMBARD family, then owners of the island*. In 1922, they produced a renowned wine among locals which was carried in barrels to the shore. They were then abandoned during World War 2 and then restored in 1947. Paul Ricard acquired the Ile des Embiez in 1958 and decided to continue and improve the wine production of the domain.
Today, the domain of Les Embiez is maintained and run entirely by Société Paul Ricard employees, and produces around 30 000 bottles on average each year out of which:
– The red wine and rosé
– The rosé and white wine as A.O.P. Côte de Provence.
Many formats are available for different needs and budgets: standard bottle (75 Cl), Magnum (1.5 l) and the rosé as Jeroboam (3 l). Rosé is available in the form of a bag in box of 3 liters as well for any aperitif, barbecue, meal on a terrace, on the deck of a boat or picnics at the beach.
Our wines are on sale all year long at the Harbourmaster’s office of the Saint Pierre harbor of Les Embiez, and on high season in our wine cellar and bar. Wine dégustation can be organized all year round on demand for groups.
Our wine is also available a la carte in the islands’ restaurants of course, but also in many shops, cellar masters and restaurants of Six-Fours, Bandol, Sanary-sur-Mer, Toulon, Marseille, Arles and up to Lyon, in which many establishments give us the honor of having our production on their wine menus.
More information and reservations:
Daniel Tarpi: +33 (0)6 09 11 69 55
*For more information, please read our article on The History of the Island of Les Embiez